PLAN4ALL at my desk

PLAN4ALL at my desk
click above for PLAN4ALL site

The books I have read and like

January 14, 2010

SDI and Economy of POLAND

Everything has its own beginning and its own end.

Era of very big American cars have somehow passed around Poland in 50-ties and 60-ties. Poland have entered into 70-ties with (soap-box-like) Small Fiat cars. Political barriers were removed, Soviets went back home and era of new economic freedom and independence begun in Poland in the 80-ties and 90-ties.

We've moved our economy into 6th place in Europe (hopping just in front of Netherlands economy). European - Lisbon Strategy seems to be realized, since GDP of European Union for the first time in history have been bigger than GDP of United States. Is seems to me however, that this is not because of strenght of european economy, but due to World Financial Crisis, started somewhere in the air of America, or maybe eariler in 1913, when FED was formed.

I am wondering in this blog, what is the nature of development and which directions European Spatial Information Infrastructure will pick, including INSPIRE (Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe), GMES (Global Monitoring of Environment and Security), and their interactions with GEOSS (Global Earth Observation Systems of Systems).

I have 20 years of experience in GIS and geospatial technologies and recently i am very interested in wealth creation methods. Motivation behind my interest in learning on wealth creation is simple. A six figure income job or( if you will J.O.B.) of mine just ended up, due to bancrupcy of one of biggest Polish IT corporations (that lasted throut 20 years), and suddenly vanished like a soap-bubble.

I will publish history of development of Polish business of G.I.S.(Geographic Information Systems) and SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructure) from 1989 until recent days and I will look into the future of it.

with best wishes

Robert Lach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive